1.Fabric material identification methods: hand feel and by vision method, chemical dissolution method , microscope observation method , medicines coloring method, combustion method and etc. The specific identification methods will described specifically in the textile material data.
2. The difference between the warp and weft of fabric
(1) If identified fabric has selvage, then the yarn direction parallel to the selvage edge of the fabric is warp,the other is weft.
(2) The direction of sizing is warp , the not sizing direction is weft.
(3) High density side of general fabric is warp, low density one is weft.
(4) If fabric have significant reed marks , the reed marks direction is warp .
(5) For semi-thread woven fabric , usually folded yarns direction is warp , the direction of single yarns is weft.
(6) If the single yarn knitted fabric twist pumping not at the same time, the Z twist direction is warp , the S twist direction is weft .
(7) If the knitted products,warp and weft tex , twist direction , twist degree are insignificant, the yarn evenness and lustrous is warp .
(8) If the yarn twist degree is not the same in the fabric, the twist degree to be big probably is warp , and the other is weft .
(9) For towels like knitted products , the terry yarn direction is warp, the other is weft .
(10) For stripped knitted products , generally the direction of strips is warp
(11) If a system of yarns in the fabric has different kinds of tex ,then the yarn direction is warp.
(12) For leno weaved fabric, with twisted yarns direction is warp, the other is weft .
(13) In the interwoven fabric of different materials , such as cotton or cotton woven fabrics , generally cotton is the warp yarn ; as wool and silk yarn crossed fabrics , silk is the warp yarn ; as wool silk and cotton interwoven fabric , then silk and cotton are warp yarns ; as natural silk and spun silk interwoven fabric, natural silk yarn is the warp yarn; as natural silk and rayon interwoven fabric, the natural silk yarn is the warp yarn.Because these weaved fabrics have various kinds and widely used, , the requirements of the fabric material and organizational structure is also varied , so when judging the weft and warp , we also need to analysis according to the specific circumstances of the fabric.
3.The difference between outside and inside of the fabric
(1) The general pattern and luster of the fabric outside are clear and beautiful than the inside .
(2) As knitted products with stripe pattern and knitted fabric with matching color patterned,the outside appearance must be clearly and good-looking .
(3) For convex and concave convex fabric , outside is close and delicate, with a stripe or pattern embossed ; while the opposite is rough, have longe threads .
(4) Fuzz fabric : single side fuzz fabrics, the plush side is positive . Double-sided brushed fabric , the fluff smooth&clean side is the outside of the fabric .
(5) To observe the fabric selvage , if selvage is clean&tidy,it would be the positive of the fabric .
(6) Double, multi-layers fabrics, such as the front and back weft density is not the same , generally it is good quality for those have a high density on the front or the front materials quality is good.
(7) Leno : clear lines , twisted highlighting side is the positive side
(8) Towel fabric :terry density high side is positive .
(9) Printed fabric : flower clear, bright luster side is the positive side .
(10) The entire piece of fabric : In addition to export goods , those sides pasted with instructions ( trademark) and chopped with factories inspection chapters is generally the negative side . Most of the fabric , its positive is significantly different from the opposite, but there are many fabrics both sides are very similar , both sides can be applied to use , so these is no need to tell the difference of the positive and negative sides of these types of fabric.